Tuesday, April 06, 2004

My photo booth idea.

Hopefully, Miss Gibson won't mind that I'm posting the photo booth shots of her and CK Dexter here on the blog, as well. The shots are good, though, so I don't think she'd have a problem with it - other than that whole condition of anonymity thing.



Isn't she lovely? That gamine look, evoking Audrey Hepburn. Those fabulous eyebrows.

We took these photos on Thursday afternoon after sleeping in. I told them that I had a "crazy, American tourist" idea that would allow us to all have snapshots of each other. You get four photos through the booth, and they both gave me one of theirs.

(I told them to trade them like "baseball cards." As a result, Miss Gibson and CK Dexter have a photo of me that isn't published here. The shot of me published here is from the day before.)

I wanted them to remember my trip, plus I was caught up in the whole "Amelie" feel of everything. It seemed like it would be a fun souvenir, anyway.



This is CK Dexter - who told me to come back to the city sometime, who talked to me about books and who let me sleep on his floor over the weekend because I was scared that returning to Miss Gibson's apartment might mean that I'd have to drink absinthe with her roommates.

Absinthe, since I'm a fan of modern art, scares the crap out of me. If you ever see a painting called "The Absinthe Drinker," which I own a print of, then you can tell that it looks like the most frightening drug this side of crack. (Of course, you know, if I were into seeing Kylie Minogue in skimpy clothing as a green pixie a la "Moulin Rouge," then I would've downed the absinthe. But Kylie Minogue in skimpy clothing - and a green glow - doesn't do anything for me.)

Why aren't there photo booths in every subway station in America? After watching "Amelie," which I loved, I went looking for photo booths everywhere and couldn't find one. They were, on the other hand, all over Britain. Is it because the homeless would sleep in them? Is it because Americans aren't as likely to get passports on the run since another country isn't just a train trip away?

I love photo booths.

No comments: