Tuesday, April 20, 2004

Disappearing, reappearing gay men.

I don't appear to have arthritis, first of all.

My left hip was X-rayed yesterday (after I waited in line with the hottest guy I've ever seen in my entire life and we compared our charts), and it appears that I don't have any bone damage. It's likely just muscle strain. The doctor is set to call me in a couple days with a full explanation after the photos are analyzed by a radiologist. But things look good.

So that's good.

American Express is going to send over a large man named Guido to my apartment if I don't get them a sufficient sum of money by the end of the week. So I had to talk to my mother about it, which was as emasculating as Guido could be, I guess.

On the plus side, I'm playing trivia tonight.

And two gay friends - for lack of a better term - that I knew a long time ago managed to find their way back onto my radar yesterday.

The first one was Snapshot, the almost-sorta friend I first met last July and remained in contact with until we had a falling out around August. He saw me online yesterday and said hello, asking me if I remembered who he was. I was blunt as I showed him that I did recall him. But, from that, we actually had a bit of a conversation. The next time I see him online, I will say hello ... something I would not have done before yesterday. So I guess that's progress.

The other guy I ran into yesterday was this cute guy named Jason McFall. He was at the Kroger near my house buying groceries. I was picking up some Bite-Sized Frosted Mini Wheats.

Jason and I go back about four years, sorta. A couple weeks before I left CNN, I met him at Phipps Plaza. (He said last night that I "cruised him" at the Doubleday Bookstore, and that's how we met. I most certainly did not. I do not "cruise.")

Jason and I have been through a long series of amusing, up-and-down, near-miss dates. I suppose we're friends, but, truth be told, I just kept passively persisting whenever I ran into him - at a mall, on an escalator, via returned phone call - because he never actually went on the date with me that he and I arranged four years ago. And, when I see him, I feel like there's a spark there. (Not sure if it's so much of a spark at this point, but it was fun to revisit that last night. I got his number for I've not called in a year and a half... and he's single once again, but to actually go on a date now just seems sorta ridiculous.)

So, anyway, it was funny to run across - more or less - some old friends.

No comments: