Wednesday, April 28, 2004

Big news.



I spoke with Maureen, a manager at Barnes & Noble Buckhead, just a few minutes ago, and she let me know that they had heard great things about the work that I do and that I'd try to fit me into their employee schedule in a couple weeks!

This means that, ahem, I'm the new part-time employee in their music department.

After four years, I will no longer work at the Mall of Georgia in Buford.

I will now get to work in the store 10 minutes from my apartment! The store where the protestor in the photo above stood during the Hillary Rodham Clinton book signing last year!!!

And, because it's a far busier store, I'll probably get to work more often, sleep less, get paid more and get harassed by customers from a higher tax bracket!!! And I'll get to kick homeless people out of the handicapped bathroom stall in the men's room!!!

Additionally, since it's one of our higher profile stores in the region, I may get to work during other celebrity book signings. So I could meet more protestors!

I'm actually really happy about this. It'll get me more involved in the community where I live. I'll get to deal with a larger volume of customers and learn how to work with a different set of people. And I'll get to figure out how to fit in with a new set of co-workers, rather than being one of the longest-working employees in the store.

So wish me luck.

No comments: