Wednesday, April 28, 2004

Marley's moving ...

My friend, my Valentine and my personal-favorite moviegoing companion Marley begins her relocation to Los Angeles this weekend. So she's been doing all the stuff you apparently need to do to move cross-country.

Reading her blog's taught me several things, interestingly, including how to actually go about holding a proper "Moving Sale" and how to apply for a job outside of your region.

Beyond just missing her pre- and post-movie conversation, I think I'm going to miss a lot of the "lessons" she tried to give me, like about the etiquette of visiting someone's house or how to better tell when I behave like a loudmouthed jackass in a movie line.

I'm sure there was a lot more to learn. But she's leaving to go to a better place, a place she'll probably enjoy more than the city she dubbed "Craplanta," which she said is too cold for her and nowhere near a good beach.

So she's going to California.

No comments: