Thursday, August 28, 2003

Settling in comfortably.



Last night I got:

A brass, three-way standing lamp
A Swiffer WetJet sweeper (trendy - I know - but isn't it weird to live in a culture where we've created trendy mops?)
A paper towel dispenser that required assembly
A TV stand
Two bar stools

I also set up my DVD player, though I have yet to put sheets on my bed. (A boy has his priorities, after all.)

Larry was helping me by doing most of the assembly work and giving me design tips so that now my living room looks like a living room. I now know what to do about my patio, which will give Kacoon a place to smoke her Camel Special Lights when she comes over. (I'm putting my old kitchen furniture, run down as it is, out on the patio to create a place to hang out, and it will work once the mosquitos have gone away.)

Now I've got to start unpacking everything. I'm making my supposed last trip to the crackhouse tonight to make sure that everything is moved out of there. (My mom and stepdad are coming to pick up the appliances. I'm getting my George Foreman Grill.)

I have certain goals for my new apartment because, if this makes any sense, I intend to live in it. I mean, live there rather than just sleep there.

I've already had guests over (i.e., Larry last night shared a bottle of merlot with me). I intend to have more over. I've got places for them to sit.

I know where the nearest and best grocery store is. Oddly, it's the gay Ansley Publix, right next to the Ansley Starbucks that used to scare the bejeezus out of me.

I live in Atlanta now, and Atlanta's just going to have to get used to it.

No comments: