Wednesday, August 13, 2003

From what I hear, this is the new, fun, underground movie.



I've heard things about both this movie Camp and its soundtrack that have me really hoping that it opens in my area. Though it's receiving a lot of buzz from the gay press, of course, because it has gay characters and showtunes and all, it's not a strictly gay movie, at least from what I've read about it. With all the AMERICAN IDOL hoopla, I can frankly see why a FAME-ish throwback would be getting good press. The majority of critics are saying it's flawed but charming.

It's coming to a theater in Midtown on August 22.

Apparently, the Victoria Williams cover of "Century Plant" is excellent. And I think a movie is worth seeing if it even bothers to include a Victoria Williams cover. And Stephen Sondheim's in it. THE Stephen Sondheim.

No comments: