Thursday, August 14, 2003

Bedlam at work.

So I come in early to my office, which is a rare feat, and I'm all ready to actually do work, which is even more remarkable. And the computers are down. All of them, with the exception of maybe five, so I have to do all of my work using the phone and a piece of paper, which is possible but not as efficient. And I have no access to my e-mail account or anything, which is a blessing and a curse because it helps me maintain my focus.

I took a longer lunch than I was allowed a couple minutes ago. The computers are the way they keep track of how long we're gone, so without them they don't know if we go over or not. It was a little fun cheating, let me tell you.

In addition to calling all of the people I was supposed to call, I also called my new apartment complex to get a copy of my new address. Now I get to go through the whole "change of address" thing, which is fun and a headache all at the same time. What if I forget to turn on a major utility before I complete the move? What if I get cable without being able to afford it, just because I want to catch episodes of "The O.C." or "Queer Eye for the Straight Guy" that have everyone raving about their excellence.

I'm nervous. And paranoid.

And it's all coming, so I need to get ready for it. There's no need for me to panic, I know, but I'm panicking anyway.

No comments: