Friday, August 29, 2003

Every day a new twist.

I just sent this e-mail to Lupo, and because I'm lazy, I'm reprinting it here in lieu of coming up with an entirely original blog entry.

In his note to me, Lupo said his new Savannah home was beautiful but that the people of Savannah talk too damn much. (I've been there and agree. I think you should just give them a dose of contempt, and that'll solve their cheeriness.)

Lupo also said that his home in Savannah has SoapNet. So it looks like I'll be visiting him every damn week until Comcast wises up and brings Soapnet to Atlanta.

I can't believe it. I don't even believe that the digital cable option presented to me has my beloved SoapNet, which is a complete hoot to watch, yet you damn yokels down in the sticks get it. And I had it in Buford.

I guess they figure people inside the Perimeter are too smart and busy to have use for such a thing as SoapNet. Instead, I wonder if I get BBC America.

I'm working a lot this weekend. The majority of the part-time staff has vacated my bookstore, and my replacement in the music department didn't suit my bosses - so they're switching me back to music for a couple weeks until another replacement can be properly trained.

(I tried to tell them I was the best at it weeks ago ... but they've paid the price for their foolishness.)

I suppose I'm averaging a 3:1 ratio of me calling you, and I will try to calm down my dialing fingers.

... three minutes later.

OK, I stopped writing this for three minutes to call my cable company again to see if SoapNet or BBC America was available through their digital options, and BBC America is available using that ... but SoapNet isn't available at all. I stuck with my original order. This completely blows.

Anyway, regarding my apartment, I like the way Larry helped me set up the living room. I finished watching CLEO last night, rather than unpack my kitchen, and I found a Chinese takeout place next door that's open late. (I've truly arrived in an urban setting, even though the place's fried rice was undercooked.)

I need to take out the garbage, put the sheets on my bed (oh ... it's so cozy how the air conditioning makes it so cool there that you don't want to get out of bed in the morning), get one of those GA 400 Cruise Card stickers because I use it every morning.

But mostly, I just want Vic and Kacoon to see my place. They've not been over yet.

Now that I know you have the Internet, I won't have to call you quite so often, and the Benjie-to-Lupo ratio will make more sense.

No comments: