Tuesday, December 16, 2003

Kacoon and Mike are big dorks. (OK, I'm jealous.)



Two of my best friends, Mike and Kacoon, are probably sitting down in the middle of a theater in Columbus, Ga., right now. The opening narration for "The Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring" is probably beginning right now. They'll be in that theater for probably 11 or 12 hours, watching the extended editions of the first two "Lord of the Rings" films, followed by the final chapter.

And, to be honest, I envy them. I only call them dorks because I'm sorta jealous.

I envy that they can sit there for hours and get to indulge in Trilogy Tuesday. I love that they both have come to love "Lord of the Rings" that much.

I'm seeing "Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King" on Friday. I'm seeing it in giant screen format at the Buford IMAX theater, which is the same place I watched the other two films.

The reviews on "Return of the King," mostly, say that it's a home run.

And Kacoon and Mike get to watch it tonight. They get to see their story conclude. And they'll laugh and cry and hold hands. And they'll get caught up in the adventures of Sam and Frodo.

They're lucky, the two of them, because they love it so much.

No comments: