Friday, December 19, 2003

If you were queer, I'd still be here.



I bought my friend Jenipher the AVENUE Q cast recording for Christmas after hearing only two songs from it. She just called me up, laughing, and said, "I love you. You got me a present."

Then, she started to read off the titles to the songs, laughing out loud, and she asked me where I'd heard of it.

"I can't wait to listen to this," she said. "I've never even heard of it."

It's essentially got Muppets in it, doing an adult version of SESAME STREET, but the song titles are great.

"What Do You Do With a BA in English?"
"Everybody's a Little Bit Racist"
"If You Were Gay"
"My Girlfriend, Who Lives in Canada"

Jenipher was excited.

"If the CD case is this funny," she said, "then I'll probably love this album."

No comments: