Tuesday, December 23, 2003

The Good, The Bad and the Noisy.

Last night, Edmondson and I were settling in, watching the beginning of THE GOOD, THE BAD AND THE UGLY revival, when a noisy, drunk couple came in and sat behind us, five minutes into the movie. And the woman in the couple was singing the damn theme music. Then, they started talking and cheering throughout the no-dialogue opening scenes. Someone yelled for them to shut up.

They quieted only for a little while, then they started noisily cheering again and, every now and then, singing along to the Morricone score.

I wanted to take a lead pipe, walk up the aisle and slowly beat them to death. But I also didn't want to leave the movie the first time I'd ever seen it because a couple 40-something people were behaving as though it were a ROCKY HORROR interactive experience.

So they would get up and leave, and Edmondson and I would be happy. And they'd come back, having likely refreshed their alcohol supply, and make asses of themselves again.

When the movie, which was excellent, ended, I went outside and spoke to my friend Junior, a clerk there. (Junior was the one who spoke to me after ELEPHANT and let me in to see SHATTERED GLASS for free.)

He told me that couple was obnoxious when they walked in. The other clerk guy apologized for not kicking them out.

Edmondson agreed that the movie was good, aside from that bitch and her husband sitting behind us.

On Christmas night, I was thinking of going back to the Landmark to catch BIG FISH, but it depends on how my schedule works out.

No comments: