Monday, November 10, 2003

Worthless.

Someone whom I routinely invite out (who routinely says no or just doesn't reply) told me last week, in a surprise twist, that he was accepting one of my invitations. Not so surprisingly, today he had "something suddenly come up" and reneged on the invitation, which was to an event that I told him I could attend tonight. I feel like a chump, like an obvious fool, for sending him that invitation. I knew he wasn't going to show. He's a flake.

A person less gullible than me, someone more willing to let go of initially promising, essentially worthless friendships, would've given up long ago. I've been distancing myself, yet I thought one last invitation - which I even delivered with an uncharacteristic lack of enthusiasm - might be worth a shot.

I deserve better friends than that. I have several really good friendships, and I should instead spend my time cultivating those, rather than spend time with "friends" who think me crazy, drive me crazy and waste my time.

I should've learned that a long time ago. It pisses me off.

No comments: