Thursday, November 20, 2003

Me against good music.



So last night, after I left Vic's, I went to Wal-mart for about two hours. And what I did was incredibly silly. I mean, I just sorta vegetated and browsed.

I read the latest issue of SOAP OPERA DIGEST to find out why they're killing off the entire cast of DAYS OF OUR LIVES, it seems like. (They've killed off four longtime characters in three months and intend, it seems, to kill off several more.)

Then, to completely alter my mood, I bought the new Britney Spears album and the soundtrack to GILMORE GIRLS, which I think makes me a giant dork. The Britney album I bought because I needed escapism and because I have been a closet fan ever since Kacoon and I put on headphones in the middle of the bookstore and danced around to "Oops ... I Did It Again," paying no attention to anyone watching us do it. (This was the reasoning that brought us to our viewing bash of CROSSROADS with Doug, during which I said the now-immortal lines: "Excuse me, but why is Kim Cattrall dressed like a park ranger?" and "Go on, White Trash Girl! Kick her ass into the street!!!")

The GILMORE GIRLS soundtrack, by the way, is absolutely awesome, like the sort of mix CD that your best friend would make you. Joey Ramone. John Lennon. Yoko Ono. Sam Phillips. PJ Harvey. Carole King. Yo La Tengo. Very, very good stuff.

No comments: