Monday, November 03, 2003

Relative paranoia.

I just e-mailed Black a question that surprises me because it shows that my personal life last week took another amusing turn when Ash, frustrated, left my apartment because I kept trying to seduce him.

He is seeing someone, his 18-year-old cousin. So I didn't think, you know, much of his moral high ground of fidelity since the person he's seeing is a) a teen; and b) his damn cousin.

Considering I shouldn't want to be with someone who would consider someone from a family reunion a viable dating option (though, in my defense, this is Georgia), then I should be even more puzzled why I still wanted Ash after finding out he was dating his cousin. I mean, I wanted him because he was familiar to me, and I care about him. But, if Ash is dating his cousin, then he still has, you know, issues.

Anyway, so I e-mailed Black the question in my head, which strikes me as really funny:

"If someone told you that he couldn't be with you because he was dating his cousin, then losing him wouldn't be a bad thing, right?"

I know the answer to this before I ask this. But it still strikes me as funny.

And, besides, Black is the person to ask if I ask anyone. He's got background in this. He is, after all, from Alabama.

No comments: