Tuesday, November 04, 2003

Update of sorts.

Back in August, I said that one entry on the blog was its "Shocking Summer Season Finale," like we were all on THE O.C. or something. I posed all of these questions, which I have found and reposted. I thought it would be fun to answer the questions.

* Whatever happened to Snapshot?

Last I heard from Christopher at the Madstone, Snapshot was still working at Wolf Camera, trying to find another job. He's still with his boyfriend. Oh, and he thinks I'm a psychopath and never wants to see me again. And I don't really think it's that much of a loss. Go fig.

Christopher, meanwhile, was diagnosed with esophagial cancer - something that Snapshot knew when we were speaking but didn't tell me or anyone. Christopher, the guy I went on the horrible date with in June, is still undergoing chemo.

And I've not been to the Madstone since "Dr. Strangelove" about a month ago.

* Will Benjie's move into the new apartment go smoothly, or will tragedy occur on the frightening, "Exorcist"-ish staircase down to the new apartment during the move on Sunday? Will he be able to survive packing the Buford crackhouse apartment with help from his mother?

As constant readers already know, the move went anything but smoothly, but it ended well. My apartment is now unpacked, decorated and has been visited by several people, including Lupo and Kacoon this week. Everyone, so far as they've told me, says that the apartment seems rather nice and that it, complete with its videos on the top of the shelf in the kitchen instead of plants and its multiple movie posters, reflects my personality and likes. I can tell you that it feels nice to be there, though the staircase is still really scary if you're carrying a basket of laundry.

* Will Lupo and his boyfriend safely transplant themselves down to their new Savannah home, becoming semi-regular players in the drama that is this blog?

The answer to this one, though I've not visited them, seems to be a positive. They're both safe and relatively happy, with Lupo making occasional trips to better cinema-ed, urban areas for visits. His boyfriend/husband Kenn is currently dealing with a grad program that he seems to like, mostly. And their house got a lot of trick-or-treaters on Halloween. Seriously. I mean, Lupo said he counted 89 of them.

* Will Kacoon be able to cope through her son Midget's second week of Pre-K, or will thoughts that her little boy is all grown up drive her further into complete madness? Will she and husband Mike be able to find a new home for their family before her in-laws contribute to her downward spiral into insanity? And what will her hair color be next week???

Kacoon and Mike moved into a new apartment, out of his family's basement, over the weekend. Midget, having a horrid time at pre-K where he continues to get harassed by other students for being tiny and reprimanded by teachers for not choosing to take part in Musical Chairs (which Kacoon dismisses as being a valid decision by a boy with an independent spirit), is transferring to another pre-K program closer to his home this week. Kacoon, also, was talking to me about how she wanted to transfer from her current place of work to another locale, closer to her new home. I don't think I sounded very supportive of her, for the girl changes jobs an awful lot and has housing expenses now. Nonetheless, I'll keep you posted on her progress. Oh, and her hair color is still brown.

* Will Vic's change of job schedule and emergency change of medication keep her around and involved in more blog stories next season? Will a change allow her to attend Saturday's Indigo Girls concert, or will those tickets go to waste? Will she ever see lesbian performers in concert, or will scheduling difficulties perpetually keep her from catching dykes on stage???

Vic's initial change of medication landed her in the hospital during that horrid attempt at a birthday party that I had back in August, but she's alive and seemingly sane now, thank God. Her mom, who broke an ankle over the summer, is now back at work. Her father isn't doing as well, but he's out of the hospital again. We didn't end up going to see the Indigo Girls that month, though I've heard it was a rather good show. Vic and I saw each other Sunday night and again last night. She appears to be doing well, and I like that her work schedule permits me to see her more often. She hasn't seen my apartment yet, but it's only recently been made suitable for visitors, anyway.

* And what exactly will happen to British correspondent Miss Gibson and her Nickname-less Mystery Visitor next week?

The Nickname-less Mystery Visitor is Black. His visit went well. They had fun. And they care about each other. He's back in Tennessee, and I talk to him on occasion, though I've not had a marathon phone call with him in a bit, which is upsetting because those keep me grounded and are a lot of fun, actually. He's been really busy with work.

Miss Gibson's been busy with school, and she's renewed some of her passion for writing by buying a computer, which gave me the inspiration to buy my own - arriving this week. She had a terrific column published in the Guardian a couple weeks ago and is doing, by all reports, incredibly well. She's by herself, finding herself and enjoying herself. I'm visiting her at the end of March, for my mother is buying me tickets for Christmas. (In fact, she may be putting in the order for them RIGHT NOW.)

* Will Jenipher be able to push other people into fits of envy through her island wedding to Gabe in April? Or will her attendance at a Christina Aguilera-Justin Timberlake concert in Milwaukee on Labor Day change her fate forever???

The Justin-Christina concert, as I recall, was fun for Jenipher, who is still getting married to Gabe on St. Thomas in April. One of her bridesmaids appears to be causing her grief through a complete and utter lack of tact and decency, but that's working itself out. Jenipher, as everyone here should realize, is capable of surviving most anything with a positive outlook and a smile, which is why I love her.

So the drama that led to those questions has basically ended. And new situations, both good and bad, continue. But everyone's fine. Everyone's alive. And everyone's moving, I suppose, in their chosen direction - which is always good.

No comments: