Tuesday, November 11, 2003

Pissed-off and directionless.

It's after 8 p.m. I'm still at work, even though I should be home by now. The store told me that I wouldn't need to come in tonight, yet I'm beginning to remember that I needed to anyway. I have to pay my damn Discover Card bill, and I don't want to have to pull money out of savings to do that. Instead, damn it, I'm going to drive down and pick up the damn paycheck I forgot to pick up when I was there every damn day this weekend.

The reason I'm still at work is because I was trying to get rid of the backlog of tasks that have been piling up in my "to do" list at work. I've gotten rid of both of them, yet I think I'm the only one who works in my office who manages to only ever see four minutes of daylight a day.

I had an idea for a chapter for CONSEQUENCES, but I want it to be funny. So I'm not sure if I should wait until I'm in a good mood to write it or if I should allow the writing of it to put me in a good mood.

Since I want more reader reaction, I'll probably write it tonight.

It's funny, but, if I'd known last night that I wasn't going to be working tonight, I might never have told Crocker that, though I care about him, I cannot have him treating me badly. In fact, I'd probably be at THE PHILADELPHIA STORY with him right now.

Or, more likely, he would've just flaked out on me again.

So I'm going to hit the road, listen to the new Pink CD and take care of the tasks I need to do.

I'm aimlessly angry, though, and I want rid of it. Maybe time on the road will provide me with direction and/or a place to direct the unreleased anger I've been keeping inside all damn day.

No comments: