Thursday, November 06, 2003

The first thing I've written on my new computer ...

Larry and David came over tonight for the dinner I told them months ago that I would have for them. (It was a compromise made during the horrendous move back in August.) The dinner, though brief, was successful.

They saw the apartment in its completed state (though now computer boxes are everywhere), and I got to try out steaks on my George Foreman Grill, which I've not used since the move. The fried green tomatoes, which I ordered specifically from Agnes & Muriel's would've probably worked better as an appetizer. The pumpkin cheesecake I brought from Barnes & Noble was excellent, of course, though there was entirely too much of it. The wine was good, and the wine goblets that Vic helped me pick out at Wal-mart a couple days ago proved suitable. And they liked the movie posters. All in all, it was a very good time.

So tonight, I spoke to Ronald the teen, and I watched "Finding Nemo" while setting up my computer, which is now done. I'm connected to the Internet, though, using AOL, and I don't know how long I want that damn relationship to last. Nonetheless, it's free right now.

There is significance in this post. For the first time ever, as you may have gathered from the subject line, I'm writing you guys from my apartment using a computer of my own.

I have this list of "Things to Do ..." up on my refrigerator, and tonight Larry asked me how many of the tasks on it I had already done.

Things to Do ...

- Find notebook computer. (Done.)
- Finish "BHS Reunion" episodes and rewrites. (Done.)
- Have over the following people:
* Vic
* Kacoon (Done. She saw it two days ago.)
* CJ
* Larry and David (Done. The dinner, as I said, was tonight and was successful.)
* Dad and Cindy
- Pay and cancel cable because, due to a lack of Soapnet, you're not watching it.
- Pay American Express something. (Done.)
- Find more wall art. (Done.)

It's time, thank God, to put a new list up there. Most of my tasks are done.

My mother bought my tickets to London yesterday. I'm going there at the end of March, yet I cannot even fathom that.

I've done so much lately, so many things that I didn't think I could do. Now it's time, I guess, to conquer bigger goals.

- Write my book. Write something everyday. Do what you enjoy, and get others to enjoy it with you.
- Save more money, and get out of debt.
- Meet more useful, positive people, and learn how to trust them.
- Become more useful and more positive.
- Risk.

Anyway, I wondered if having a computer back around would encourage me to write more. (Miss Gibson said it would.)

Though this isn't my best effort at writing, I think it's pretty good.

No comments: