Wednesday, November 10, 2004

Testing the birthday mood.

I just e-mailed Hennessy and told him that I was thinking of getting him a birthday card. I asked him how that sort of thing would go over.

He replied:

I know I am a freak, but you don't have to be scared of me that much!

So I wrote him and explained that I was just trying to respect his boundaries.

I wrote this:

You set a boundary early. I'm just trying to (and this is going to sound like OPRAH) grow into a friendship with you while respecting that boundary.

I like you. I don't know why I like you or the facets of how I like you or how you're going to react to reading this. But I do like you. And, because I like you, I don't want to scare you too much or push you too much or call you too much or annoy you too much.

Besides, of all the people I've hooked up with in the last six months, you're the one I've known the least. Which, by default, makes you my new favorite.

So I'm going to get you a card.


I thought it was funny.

No comments: