Friday, November 05, 2004

Menswear.



There was a meeting with the president of our division and the head of our region this morning, and my boss wrote the region that cleanliness and punctuality would be highly appreciated.

So I cleaned my desk as best I could, and I got ready for work an hour before I usually do, showing up on time for the meeting and wearing a more professional outfit than I usually do.

Usually, I look like I just rolled out of bed.

Today I'm wearing the glasses, a tweed sport coat, a navy-blue buttoned-down shirt, a black leather belt, black leather shoes and khaki pants.

I was gonna wear a tie, but apparently my neck has swollen since I last wore this shirt.

So my boss, upon seeing me this morning, said, "Good morning. Wow, you're ... um ... FIXED."

I felt like asking him if I'm usually broken, but I didn't.

This outfit's getting me a lot of compliments. Some people from the other divisions, who only ever see me at these meetings, came up after the meeting to tell me that they didn't recognize me.

Seeing me in my attire, a co-worker stopped, stared at me for a moment and said, "What's going on? You look like Clark Kent."

No comments: