Wednesday, June 15, 2005

The one before I start lying about my age.

My 29th birthday's in less than a week, some gifts have already started arriving, and I'm not sure what I want to do for it. A couple months ago, Lupo suggested that, if I wanted an excuse to wear a tux, I should throw my own formal for my birthday. While everyone since has conceded that a formal would be a lot of fun, I don't really have the funding or the time to throw that kind of event together.

It'd be fun to rent out a movie theater for some kind of private screening of a favorite film or something new, but I don't know how much that would cost or how much arrangement that would involve.

I want no strip clubs. No gay bars. No amount of scoping guys. No desperation cruising.

I would like to get me and my friends all dressed up, then go out to a really nice dinner, at least, but I don't know if we'd be able to arrange it. (And I don't know if it makes me look pathetic to arrange something like that myself.)

My birthday, in the meantime, collides with several other events for some people, for it always falls on Pride week and near Father's Day.

What I would like for my 29th birthday is, I don't know, something different.

No comments: