Tuesday, June 21, 2005

And there ain't no nothing we can't love each other through.



So it's my birthday, and it's been eventful. And it's only going to get busier. And busy is something I'm happy to be today.

Yesterday, when my friend Kim asked me how old I was going to be, I told her 29. Then, she asked me if it was my first time turning 29. I confirmed that it was.

My friend Marianne from writing class has e-mailed me to tell me that life only gets better, that your worth only grows and that the thing to do is to have fun with your time.

Lindsay, of course, was the first birthday e-mail that I received this morning, and it was terrific to hear from her. I also received birthday notes from Lupo, Christina, Marley and others. (Sorry if I don't name you. Writing this is like writing an Oscar speech for Hilary Swank.)

Miss Gibson and I waxed philosophical about approaching 30, and that led me to tell her that you can't find enlightenment while you're seeking it. It's something that's achieved probably while you're doing something else with your time.

Meanwhile, E! Online wrote me to tell me that an array of celebrities, including Gay Matt from MELROSE PLACE, Prince William and Juliette Lewis, share my birthday.

Then, they also let it be known that both Michael Gross and Meredith Baxter turn 58 today. So Mom and Dad Keaton from FAMILY TIES were born on the exact same day, which is just creepy. I thought it was just because they were acid-dropping former hippies living in Columbus, Ohio, but, no, this birthday twist is mystically weird. No wonder Mallory came off as so retarded, while Jennifer seemed like the "quiet girl" most likely to slaughter campers in their sleep. At least Alex made Republicans seem attractive. No, wait, that's even creepier. There was something wrong with that family.

Repeat after me, it was just a TV show. It was just a TV show.

No comments: