Monday, March 08, 2004

Sleepwalking.

I've been half-awake all day, and I'm beginning to realize that it's been hours since I took the Nyquil. I think I'm dealing instead with something else, a relapse of my on-the-job depression. It's cyclical. Sometimes, I'm an active performer at my work, and other times I'm just phoning in my performance.

I thought I was just having a bad week last week, where outside influences were keeping my focus away from work, but today indicates to me that maybe something else is wrong.

On April 9, I will begin my fourth year in the same job with the same company. Later that month, I will also mark my fourth year at Barnes & Noble at Mall of Georgia.

In my early 20s, I was just jumping around from job to job without much concern. I never stayed in a position longer than one-and-a-half years. So this four-year milestone throws me, as the three-year one did, and I'm wondering what exactly I'm doing.

Maybe it's time for a change.

No comments: