Friday, March 12, 2004

The end of an era.



OK, I'll admit it. I used to be a manager on a "Passions" fan site. The show, in its inception, was just so wacky and intentionally bad that you had to, I don't know, love it. When a soap features a witch with demons in her basement, a possessed doll who tells jokes and a heroine so troubled that she's presumed dead once a year - and everyone on the show jokes about it, it catches my attention.

And, if pretty much everyone in the cast is hot and all the guys are constantly taking off their shirts, then the show keeps my attention.

But, with "Passions," my patience wore really, really thin. Because it just kept making things more and more complicated, even though it was always fun. So, when I started getting addicted to SoapNet, I became a fan of "One Life to Live" instead of "Passions."

Still, I'd tune in from time to time to see how things were going on "Passions." Usually, I'd only tune in if I knew someone hot like Jesse Metcalfe was going to take off his shirt. Jesse Metcalfe, as a result of the way he acted both with and without his shirt on, became my favorite one on the show.

Though it's probably wrong in many ways, I LOVE Jesse Metcalfe, who plays Miguel. (He's also occasionally playing an oft-shirtless character named Van McNulty - hee hee - on "Smallville," if he looks familiar.)

But, alas, the day has come where I probably never need bother watching PASSIONS again. TV Guide reports that Jesse Metcalfe - sigh - is leaving the show to pursue other opportunities. Other people have left the show before, but they don't matter as much to me as Jesse Metcalfe. So this is probably it for me and "Passions."

(Hopefully, he'll become moderately famous, and I can look at him on shows, like "Smallville," and yell, "Oh my God, it's Miguel!")

No comments: