Friday, March 12, 2004

In my opinionation, the sun is gonna surely shine.



My friend Lupo and I met through Yahoo! Personals, though we never actually went on a date because he decided that I was ugly. (OK, that's not true at all, but that's my version of the story.)

Anyway, prior to me revealing my hideous visage to him (cue music from THE PHANTOM OF THE OPERA), I remember that we were e-mailing in a passively flirtatious manner back and forth one day early in our friendship. Then, out of the blue, he mentioned to me that he had the chorus of the theme song from "Blossom" stuck in his head.

So, to help him through it, I wrote him the lyrics to the entire song in an e-mail from memory, for I've learned that a song will get out of your head if you either work your way through it or find a worse, catchier song to replace it.

The song that always rids me of other songs in my head is "There Are No Cats in America (And The Streets Are Paved With Cheese)" from AN AMERICAN TAIL, but that's beside the point.

When Lupo received my e-mail of "Blossom" lyrics, he apparently thought it was so funny that he forwarded it to all of his friends, who thought that I was either his soulmate or some kind of freaky entertainment trivia savant. (At the point I sent him a photo of me, an event later known as The Great Unmasking, it was determined that the latter was true.)

So now, anytime I have an irritating song stuck in my head like Jessica Simpson's "Take My Breath Away" cover, I think of Lupo and the theme from "Blossom."

This, of course, makes me both nostalgic and cursed.

No comments: