Tuesday, March 23, 2004

Black moves from Tennessee ...

So my friend Black's moving to Alabama, which probably means that we'll have new and interesting things to mock him about. But, at the same time, he's closer to me, which means that I'll be able to see him, take care of him and assure him first dibs on whatever quality women I find suitable for him. He told me, as well, that he would find me all the good, available, gay men in Birmingham. (My reply was, of course, "Both of them?")

At the same time, he's moving closer to his parents and siblings, and he wants that. He's not been geographically close to them in a while, and I think he's happy about it. (Much as I would pick on anyone who actually chooses to live in Alabama, Black's already actually FROM Alabama - so it's not like he wasn't already 'affected' by that state. And he, for some reason, apologized to me, seriously, for not finding a job in Atlanta. I reminded him that this wasn't about me.)

He's general counsel for a small pharmaceutical company in his new position, as well, which means that he's their entire legal department. It'll keep him busy, which I think will keep him happy and well-paid. Plus, he'll be in control of his schedule, which I think makes him happy.

He begins the new job in three weeks.

When my friend Doug moved to Birmingham, I thought it was a mistake, too. (Dougie was supposed to go to Russia instead of Alabama, at one point, and I told him that Russia was preferable.) But Dougie LOVES Alabama. It's almost scary.

So Black will probably love Alabama too.

No comments: