Tuesday, February 24, 2004

The Passion of the Christ.



Last night, after watching a report on it during INSIDE EDITION, I had a dream that I went to see Mel Gibson's "The Passion of the Christ." And it started out all pretty, and I kept waiting for it to get gory - like the reviewers said it would.

But, in my dream, I fell asleep during the movie. (In my dream, I fell asleep. Is that weird?) It was like I blinked, and everyone else in the theater watched the crucifixion ... and I'm just there, going, "Huh, is that it?" I hope that I don't exit the actual movie feeling that way.

Marley, who's not religious, wants to see it. And I am curious about it, more in a car wreck kind of way than anything else, so we may go eventually. I'll have to ask her. At first, I didn't want to see it because I generally hate Mel Gibson. But I like Jim Caviezel, who plays Jesus. And I think Monica Bellucci is a beautiful woman, though I'm not sure how she'll do as Mary Magdelene. (I heard her say she was an agnostic on "Good Morning America" yesterday. I thought that took guts, considering she was there to promote a Christ movie.)

The movie should be pretty harrowing, if what the reviews say is true.

No comments: