Wednesday, February 25, 2004

"But J.Lo's only in it for 15 minutes!!!"



Mike, Kacoon, Marley and I are supposed to attend a screening of Kevin Smith's new film "Jersey Girl" tomorrow. Marley and I got tickets through the Peachtree Film Society.

There's a Q&A with someone after the movie, which I didn't know about until Marley pointed it out to me, but Marley told me that I'm supposed to be on my best behavior, lest I say something out loud and upset a Kevin Smith fan.

Marley says I'm occasionally too loud. I respectfully disagree. The arguments that I've gotten into with other people in random ticket lines - about the atrocious "Cold Mountain" and the disappointing "Big Fish" - were not my fault. But Marley says I'm too loud.

I told both Marley and Kacoon that I can't believe we're going to see a Bennifer movie. I mean, if we'd seen "Gigli," I'm sure we would've hated it, but we didn't see it. Have we learned nothing?

I love J.Lo when J.Lo's in a movie where she is more interested in acting than in looking pretty. Hence "Out of Sight" is amazing, and "Maid in Manhattan" is crap. Hence "The Cell" is interesting, and "Enough" is enough.

Kacoon told me that J.Lo is supposed to die in the first 15 minutes of "Jersey Girl," which I'd read about, so she said it wasn't a real Bennifer movie.

I was, like, "Um, if they're in it together, it's a Bennifer movie ..."

But, I guess, since Bennifer is over, we can all see their movies again without tremendous fear, but I'm scared of "Jersey Girl."

If it's a "Look at how sugary-sweet and cute this kid is ..." movie, I think I may vomit in the aisles. If it's about a cute kid, that's worse than it being a Bennifer movie, I think.

Marley'd probably consider me rude for saying that, though.

No comments: