Friday, February 13, 2004

My heart doth go pitter-pat.



Marley and I, spending Valentine's Day together but not "together" tomorrow, made each other a list of our favorite romantic movies.

Here's mine, which was written to include ones she might've missed:

BEFORE SUNRISE. (They meet on a train. They spend an evening together in Vienna. And they have the best chat ever. And the sequel comes out this summer. If you have never seen it, you NEED to watch it.)
THE PHILADELPHIA STORY. (This Katharine Hepburn movie may very well be my favorite movie ever.)
SID & NANCY. (Yeah, they're freaks, but they get each other.)
PUNCH-DRUNK LOVE. (Yeah, he's a freak, but she loves him anyway.)
SECRETARY. (Granted, this is a completely messed-up relationship, but it works for them.)
THE GRADUATE. (Again, messed-up romance.)
HAROLD AND MAUDE. (If I'm listing messed-up romances, I have to mention the creme de la creme of messed-up romance movies. It's just bizarre.)

No comments: