Monday, July 28, 2003

A more colorful profile.

My Friendster friend Lance tells me that my profile there doesn't do justice to my "colorful life." He wrote this after I told him that the real estate agent has suggested, if my hot water is broken, that I stay with him for the night, no matter how late I'm working tonight.

I wrote back this:

My life's always been colorful.

I don't think it'd do in my profile, though, to refer to myself as a handicapped, intelligent gay man with a touch of innocence that I don't particularly want. It probably wouldn't do to say I'm movie-obsessed because it was my means of escapism and provided me with art and sophistication, while I was otherwise being raised by absentee rednecks. In malls, I adapt quickly like a native. I watched too much TV as a kid. I have anecdotes from my horrible dating life now but no active dating life to speak of. And more than three people have fallen for me on the strength of a couple phone calls.


Sounds arrogant and psychotic to me.

No comments: