Wednesday, December 08, 2004

What could make the needle jump the groove.

I brought my laptop into my office today in the hope that, at some point, I could get some documents e-mailed off of it so that I could modify them at my office. I don't know why I've not attempted to do this several times before or at a different location. I mean, really, all I need is a phone line.

But I know me. And I know that I'm bound to make things way more complicated than they actually are, to throw steps in my way rather than to climb the ones already there.

I'm probably even adding steps and difficulties just by writing this.

For the record, I know I do this. For the record, I know I shouldn't.

But words like "strategic planning" and "discipline" are words I try to avoid. Because I want to not conform, and those terms sound like the terms of conformity. (And saying that is a way of copping out, for getting discipline is not conformity so much as common sense. But it feels true.)

Layers upon layers of meaning. And all I'm doing is talking.