Tuesday, December 07, 2004

Silver and gold decorations.

I'm at a tree-trimming party. Wes and Travis have a blue-and-silver theme going on their tree this year. I'm actually over at their house this time, and it looks like I'm not going to end up messing around with anyone. So that's festive.

Before coming here, I went to the Mall of Georgia Barnes & Noble and bought myself a copy of the latest Magnetic Fields album, "I," which is really good. At first, I thought that the band, with its deep-voiced lead singer Stephen Merritt and quirky lyrics, would be an acquired taste. After all, Merritt plays ukelele.



But last night, when I went with Poli Sci Guy to see them in concert, the music was excellent, and the crowd sat silently and watched them for an hour and a half. It was a great show.

Afterward Poli Sci Guy and I waited at the backdoor to see if they would come out, but they were staying inside. (It was weird, for the only ones waiting on them at the door were me, Poli Sci Guy and this creepy, fat, old balding man who admitted to us that he was essentially stalking them.)

I spoke a little bit to the band's cellist, then I spoke a bit to their cute Australian opening act, a guy named Darren Hanlon. Then, because the creepy guy weirded me, I walked away, and Poli Sci Guy drove me home.

The tree-trimming party has now gathered around the Xbox, so I'm going to end this and watch the festivities.

At one point, earlier, I dropped a couple ornaments under the tree and had to crawl under the tree to get them. I think some other decorators found me entertaining at that angle, but I don't know what to think of that.