Wednesday, December 29, 2004

She's alone in the new pollution.



Susan Sontag is dead, so, not really familiar with the actual work of Susan Sontag, I told Miss Gibson that she should become the modern feminist icon.

She thought that was really funny, for some reason, but what does someone have to do these days to become a proper philosopher and social critic?

When's our Jazz Age? Why can't we all sit around the round table at the Algonquin and pontificate endlessly while drunk?

I want that. I want to be genius-and-madman, not just madman.

I want to be all, "Romance deserves a renaissance," and have people be all "Ooh, listen to him." (I suppose that pontification would work better if I used actual verbs.)

Still, this is our time and our culture, and I think we should contribute.

No comments: