Friday, December 24, 2004

Jimi thing.

Yesterday at the bookstore, I waited on this cute guy named Jimmy, who is more than likely straight. He and I talked music, and I was, I think, flirting shamelessly. And, to his benefit, he didn't notice or chose to ignore it.

For some reason, though, while we were talking about Damien Rice, he mentioned two artists to me that I do not have in my collection.

One was a new group, and I don't recall their name. Jimmy had great blond hair, was short and had these dimples that just wouldn't quit.

But Jimmy also mentioned Jimi Hendrix, and I am sad to say that I don't own any Jimi Hendrix.

So I asked Jimmy about Jimi, and he recommended an album to me. He recommended it with such passion and with such a cute gleam in his eye that I, being smitten, immediately purchased the album.



Jimmy said "Blues" is his favorite Jimi album because it isn't blaring and loud, and you can really concentrate on the guitar work.

I asked Jimmy if he played guitar. He said he plays it badly.

So now I own some Jimi Hendrix. Thanks to cute, straight Jimmy.

No comments: