Monday, December 20, 2004

All the news that's fit.

* At a Christmas party this weekend, I stood around an electric piano with about seven other gay men singing show tunes and Christmas carols. My rendition of "On the Street Where You Live" was beyond terrible, but I kept singing it louder and louder. One of my friends applauded my bravery but not my talent.
* My ex Ash is having surgery this morning. Last night, on the phone, he told me he loved me, and I said I loved him. I needed that maybe more than he did.
* Ash has recurring blood clots in his legs.
* I don't know. I don't know. I don't know.
* Roger Ebert sent me a personal reply e-mail to a praise note I sent him. That was kinda cool.
* I have a story to write, but I'm not writing it.
* Don't see SPANGLISH. It's beyond annoying.
* See A SERIES OF UNFORTUNATE EVENTS. It's uneven storywise, but the look of it is just amazing. And there's a scene where Jim Carrey flirts with Meryl Streep that comes off as oddly delicious.



* I didn't notice traffic stopped this morning and almost collided with another car. I think I was half-awake.
* Vic's in Illinois. Lupo's in, I think, Texas or on a cruise or something. Jenipher is out of her office, I think. Dena's in Texas. Bonnie's home from work. Edmondson's in Florida.
* I think I still have Christmas shopping to do, but I'm not even sure who I'm doing Christmas shopping for - if that makes any sense.

No comments: