Monday, January 12, 2004

Someone kissed me, sorta.

Last night, after seeing Vic, I went to this gay bar to see a friend of mine. And I'm there, like, five minutes before I run into Van, this friend-of-a-friend guy. And he's bemoaning being single and not having the guys he's attracted to be attracted to him.

I asked him who he's attracted to, and he says clean-cut, attractive, younger guys. He's 33, unshaven, a bit disheveled and says he doesn't dress like the people he's attracted to because he's not some poser fake. So I asked him if the people he was attracted to were poser fakes. And I asked him why he's attracted most to guys with whom he doesn't think he'd ever have a chance. And then I told him about the self-fulfilling prophecy my friend Lupo accused me of doing - that if you feel nothing will happen so you do nothing to change it, you're assuring nothing will happen.

And I talk to Van, tell him to keep up his hopes, and he tells me that he has to go - because he has to go catch a bus.

Well, it was cold, and my car is now clean and able to carry passengers. So I drove him home, and he continued to talk about how his loneliness was bumming him out - some times more than other times. And I tell him that it's like that for everyone.

And he's all drunk and depressed, and he says good night and kisses me on the cheek. Then he tries to kiss me again. And I, you know, like Van a little - but not when Van's talking all depressed and stuff or talking to me about how hot other guys are.

So I kissed back mildly - not aggressively - and told him that I would e-mail him today.

I didn't work at the bookstore this weekend, due both to scheduling and coincidence, so I was able to get a lot of sleep. But I need a haircut still, and I need to get my brakes fixed somehow.

Oh, and my mom called me this morning and asked me if I wanted to see "Oklahoma!" at the Fox one Saturday. I told her OK.

No comments: