Tuesday, January 13, 2004

Mod.

I ordered a pair of boots from Banana Republic last night that kinda looked like this, except my pair had thicker soles. (I wrote "souls" at one point by mistake. Can a shoe have a soul? That sounds like the topic of a children's storybook.) The boots I ordered were marked down from $135 to $29.99, so I went ahead and had a pair of 8-and-a-halfs shipped to me.

I read about these boots in this month's issue of ESQUIRE in an article talking about how the revival of ALFIE was going to spark interest in mod-looking British suits again.

The fact that these shoes are boots is, in its own way, fascinating enough to me. (I just hope, when I get them, that they're not too rugged or that I'm unable to wear them with dressier pants. I mean, I've seen the boots, and they don't look like combat boots - so I shouldn't worry about my attempt at markdown-priced trendiness.)

I started pricing blue and/or black suits last night - just for the fun of it - to see if I can find something swank to wear when I visit Miss Gibson in London in the spring. (We discussed hitting Paris for one day if funds allow, dressing well for the train.)

I got a haircut last night, and I got my passport photos taken. I received my birth certificate yesterday, and I've already filled out the application. So, now, I just have to go to the post office, I think, and I'm doing that at lunch.

Everything's falling into place regarding my passport. I'm getting cool boots at markdown.

Things are good right now.

No comments: