Tuesday, January 27, 2004

Down on Jump Street.



In celebration of Johnny Depp's Oscar nomination, my friend Jenipher sent me the following e-mails.

I’m glad to see Johnny Depp was nominated. I am still waiting for “21 Jump Street” to come out on DVD. I wish I still had the Sassy Magazine poster of him that was over my bed for much of 7th and 8th grade.

Then, she sent this one:

It was similar to this, except it had him holding his head in his hand, looking up...and it said, "Sassy." I loved Sassy Magazine.

Then, she researched the issue of Sassy and sent me this e-mail:

I just found it! April 1988 issue! The cover stories read, “My Best Friend Has AIDS,” “What to Wear on a First Date,” and “Very Cool Johnny Depp Poster.” Whoo-hoo! I might have to get this off of Ebay.

But then, she sent me a follow-up e-mail:

Ok, I just read the fine print…magazine does not still contain Johnny Depp poster. That sucks.

No comments: