Thursday, January 22, 2004

On my way out.

I put my sweatshirt on and was walking toward the door of my office. I've been here 11 hours, except for the half-hour I spent getting my car.

Looking around, I saw someone put this quote up in their cubicle, which I put on the corner of this page.

The quote, which I'll repeat, says, "Have faith. Things fall apart so that things can fall together." It's one of those cheery, sunny, somebody-put-it-on-a-kitten-poster statements.

But the statement's right, nonetheless, and I need to snap out of this mood right now.

While here at work, I've already spoken with Jai for the first time in months, and she talked to me of her money woes and other doubts.

I talked to Lupo, and I said something sucky that I shouldn't have said to him, something about hating my life. "What am I supposed to do with that?" he rightfully asked me before hanging up the phone. I was being a shit.

I talked to Larry and, in a surprise twist, Brad, and Brad said I sounded like I was throwing a pity party - since I said that my choices for dinner were between cold pizza and holding a sign up on Cheshire Bridge, begging for people to give change so that I could buy food. Again, I was being a shit.

I have been disastrous at work today. I have had an attitude problem, a focus problem and a motivation problem.

And it all stems from a necessary car repair that it's good that I had done. I solved my own problem. I have my health. I have my jobs. I have a place to live. I'm going to London soon.

Most importantly, I have friends - a gaggle of really great, really understanding and caring people who are there for me whether I'm a shit or not.

I've been having a bad day. Tomorrow will be better. And the day after that will be better. Or, if it's not, I'll cope.

My problems have been worse than this. My problems are fleeting.

So, seeing the statement, I turned around, sat down at my desk again and decided to type myself a lesson. And I think I just did.

No comments: