Friday, October 03, 2003

Slim to none.

I've tried not to publicize this fact, for fear that it would be met with Oprah-style backlash and subsequent weight gain, but I have managed to lose 10 pounds through eating better, taking vitamins and paying more attention to a scale. I think I look better, and other people tell me that "my face is less round."

I told my mother about this weight loss earlier this week, which is dangerous because the woman will praise you until you end up horribly self-conscious.

It's only 10 pounds, as well, which isn't much, but I want to lose more weight and can't seem to have much success with it. At the same time, I don't want to be one of those "gym people," the ones so addicted to going to the gym and eating right that they occasionally forget that life is better with occasional moments of care-free indulgence.

I don't really want to gain the weight back. I want to lose more. I am still not, by any means, buff. (That, I think, would require the time and effort of actual exercise.)

But I feared that letting people know that I'd lost weight would make it a conscious, rather than subconscious, goal. And I'm not good with conscious goals, if that makes any sense.

No comments: