Friday, October 31, 2003

Ghosts of seasons past.

OK, if you go to Jordy's page on the AJC website, following the link on the sidebar, then you'll find his review of Meg Ryan's new movie, "In the Cut," which is an erotic thriller directed by Jane Campion, who made "The Piano," like, a million years ago.

Jordy says "In the Cut" should instead be titled "Meg Ryan Goes Wild!" because she does nudity in it.

On the home front, I thought I'd let you know that Ash came over to my apartment last night, and we watched my now-unavailable "Silence of the Lambs" Criterion Collection DVD. (I apparently know every word of dialogue in the film now!!! I was quoting it cold, annoying even myself!!!) And we had a long, long, not-entirely-comfortable-but-not-uncomfortable talk. Then, because he didn't think we'd sleep and didn't think he should be there, he left my apartment at 4 in the morning. Not good. Not bad. But not good.

Tonight, I'm reading the blog essay "Circle" at Larry's wine-and-cheese dinner party. Since it's not exactly horror, though, I figured it would be sufficiently creepy for Halloween.

Oh, and my mom is buying my tickets to London today.

And my notebook computer was successfully ordered from Dell earlier this week, financing approved.

Halloween, incidentally, was the day of my first kiss with Ash exactly eight years ago.

It wasn't an easy night, and I'm not sure if I was entirely nice to him.

This morning, I finished my writing project for my high school reunion group, and the final episode made three people, including myself, cry. They're throwing me a party at P.F. Chang's on Sunday to celebrate its successful conclusion. After three weeks' writing about 100 pages of story, it seemed like an occasion worth marking.

No comments: