Monday, October 13, 2003

God will be cut.



So I watched KILL BILL last night, even though I was trying to wait for my friend C.J. to join me. I admit it. I'm a movie dork. I had to see the new Tarantino on opening weekend.

And I really liked it. I mean, I really, really liked it. It was so violent, so odd, so occasionally funny, and it was unlike any Tarantino film I'd seen before. Instead of holding a grain of seriousness or having the catchy dialogue and the usual gallery of rogues, KILL BILL's a Tarantino-ized kung fu movie, like the kind they used to play on Channel 69 when I was a kid.

It also reminded me of the old movie cliffhangers I used to watch on VHS, the sort where you're perpetually in suspense - even though you essentially know where the story's going.

I loved it.

No comments: