Thursday, May 05, 2005

Puppetgate continues.



Apparently, this morning at the Center for Puppetry Arts, Sydney, the perfectly nice official who e-mailed me, received a read-out of where all the traffic on their website came from last month.

An obscene amount of hits (like, 238) came from my site, which she said is usually the amount of hits she gets from Yahoo!, so she checked out my site to see what could cause that amount of commotion. That's how she found my review of THE ANATOMY OF MELANCHOLY and decided to contact me.

I called her. She said, on the phone, "Oh hi, hold on a second ... YOU GUYS, THAT GUY FROM 'RILEY MCCARTHY' IS ON THE PHONE!!!"

She's invited me to the staff preview of their new adult, local-artist show, "XPT: Xperimental Puppet Theater," on May 18 at 8 p.m., and I have agreed to go. It should be a lot of fun, actually. (I wonder if Brad wants to go.)

Beyond that, she said "Melancholy" appealed to their female demographic because it featured some beautiful puppets and an entire female cast of puppeteers. She figured that's why the show worked for those of the X-chromosome persuasion.

Sydney said the men in the audience that she spoke to, though, gave her an earful about practically all the stuff mentioned in my "review" conversation with Brad.

I didn't get a chance to ask Sydney if that Judi Dench narrator lately was local or where she got her fabulous "Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat" cape.

No comments: