Thursday, May 05, 2005

Oh my God, best e-mail ... EVER!!!

This polite, hilarious note just showed up in my Inbox. I thought you'd all enjoy it.
_________________

Riley –

I really enjoyed your review of the Anatomy of Melancholy! It was well written, hilarious and made everyone in the marketing department laugh. My only concern about your review is that you may have developed an inaccurate opinion of the art of puppetry because of a show that isn’t as representative of the art as we’d like. We found that this show was more popular with our female demographic than our male demographic for several reasons, and because of this I can’t help but wonder if you would have a more favorable view of our center if you were to attend a different show. We do have another adult show coming up this month called “XPT: Xperimental Puppetry Theater” that I would be more than happy to get you tickets to. Keep in mind that this show is comprised of several mini-shows written and performed by local, young puppeteers. It’s crazy, funny, ridiculous, offensive (sometimes) and truly an experience. If you think you’d be more suited for a show later in our season that’s a little less unpredictable, I’m sure I can arrange that as well. Either way, we’d love to have you back at our Center and reviewing our shows (whether you like them or not)…and this time, you can sit where ever you’d like. Thanks again and I’m looking forward to meeting you!

Sydney F. Ellis
Audience Development Manager
Center for Puppetry Arts

No comments: