Tuesday, May 31, 2005

Objective.

Something I already knew has just been mentioned to me. My resume does not have an objective statement, which it needs. I know this. Trust me.

It's just that, well, I don't know where I'm applying yet, and I like to condition the statement accordingly. Of course, in the meantime, I also want to strengthen my resume to feature my, I guess, most valuable attributes. This resume thing sucks. I don't remember it being this hard when I got out of college. Of course, then, I was applying to people who basically already knew me through my byline, my friends or my work at the student newspaper. So this is different.

What do I want to do? What do I enjoy? What are my strengths? What am I capable of?

This is the sort of thing I'd be prepared to answer in therapy, but not on paper.

How is it that I can work for five years at two jobs and lose all my known, basic, marketable skills?

No comments: