Saturday, July 10, 2004

Because of the blog.

OK, one year ago today, I started the blog, and I wasn't sure necessarily how to mark the occasion.

Because of the blog, I've written several dozen good essays, maybe a couple of my best ones.

Because of the blog, I've met a couple great people who I wouldn't have met otherwise.

Because of the blog, I was able to iron out my thoughts enough to move out of my crackhouse apartment in Buford.

Because of the blog, some of my friends from high school - and my former math teacher - now know the last time I had sex.

Because of the blog, my friend Larry mentions how I'm wasting my writing talents by giving my stuff away for free on the Internet. So I argue that it wouldn't be published, and he gets mad at me and tells me that I don't know what I'm talking about.

Because of the blog, strangely, I now know the answer to the question I posed to myself in the first entry. I do not go out seeking bad relationships and bad dates just to come up with good stories. The bad stuff is going to happen to everyone. I just know how to find humor in my own situation.

So, yeah, the blog's been going for a year now.

No comments: