Friday, September 26, 2003

It took Maria Shriver to get me to watch C-SPAN.



I was watching C-SPAN last night, and Maria Shriver, a broadcast journalist, was using what she knew about journalism to answer only what she had to, to not answer any questions that were bullshit and to point out which questions were manipulative and ridiculous.

"I don't know, you'll have to ask him," she said, when asked about what her husband thought on something.

Then she looked at the journalist, whom she's served on women-in-journalism committees with, and said, "See, I do the same thing you do."

When asked how many Hummer vehicles her family owned, she said, "I don't know. I don't drive one. But I know where you're going with that question."

Plus, she's a Kennedy - and thus a Democrat - married to a Republican gubernatorial candidate who's a movie star and is running because he wants to do something for the good of the state he lives in. It's neat.

I hate to say it, but she kicked ass. It was fascinating.

No comments: