Wednesday, September 10, 2003

How to make a bed.

I had my friend Rob over last night, and he helped me straighten up the bedroom a little, for there are now, drumroll please, sheets on the bed.

But we had a disagreement over whether my way of making the bed was the right way. Granted, Rob had no idea what a dust ruffle was, but there wasn't debate about the dust ruffle.

I put the second sheet on the bed face down, then pull it out with the design up when I bring the comforter down to put on the pillows.

Rob told me that I was doing it incorrectly, that the design should be placed face up on the bed. But, that way, when you pull down the bed, you're faced with the side opposite the sheet pattern.

It doesn't make any sense to me. And, granted, I'm not a stickler for a clean house (and anyone who's ever visited me can feel free to laugh at that statement).

But I say it's design-down on the sheet, not design-up.

Argh.

No comments: