Wednesday, June 16, 2004

High-maintenance man.

By the way ...

* I'm still adjusting to my new prescription of anti-depressants, which have left me only mildly impotent. (Luckily, there's no one other than myself to entertain in that regard. Feel free to laugh. Hearing about it last week, Kacoon told me that I'd save money on baby oil. I replied, "Yeah, but have you ever tried watching those movies for the dialogue?")

* My job's still in limbo, though my production numbers are good for the month. I have yet to admit to anyone that I don't know how to upload my resume to Hotjobs or Monster, even though I've tried over and over. The whole Internet job search thing baffles me, which is probably why I've stayed at the same company for four years.

* I didn't sleep at all on Sunday night (see above mention of anti-depressant impotence), and I spent all day Monday in a dreary haze, alternating in mood between completely spaced-out, overly sensitive and startled-reactionary freaking-out. That day, I believe, I alienated 14 people. More than one person told me to get over myself. (Technically, I think writing, or whining, about this on this blog verifies that I do, in fact, need to get over myself. But I like the blog.)

* Calling in sick to the bookstore because I was exhausted, I slept at my mother's house for the first time in, I think, three years on Monday night. She helped me out by feeding me, running my laundry and seeing that I got a proper night's sleep. I barely spoke to my stepfather the entire time I was there, though I did sit with him until he realized that "CSI: Miami" was a rerun.

* My mother informed me that my younger brother has a church and reception location for his April wedding to the cool girl he bought a giant, beautiful engagement ring. My even-younger cousin Holly and her husband have bought her first house. Meanwhile, I'm kinda impotent, I've never had a boyfriend for longer than six months, and I now own every available episode of "Sex and the City" on DVD.

* I turn 28 on Monday, which is the summer solstice and features the longest "day" of sunlight for the year. I am a Gemini-Cancer cusp. I think that means I'm supposed to be duplicitous and foul, but I'm no astrologer.

And, in other lives:

* It turns out that I almost met my penpal Lucas last week at that screening for "The Stepford Wives." We were in the cinema bathroom, standing at the sink next to each other. And I looked at him in the mirror, thinking he looked familiar. And he looked at me in the mirror, thinking I looked familiar. And then, because we didn't want to sound like freaks using the "Hey, don't I know you?" line on a stranger in the men's room, we walked out without speaking. We didn't verify that we'd actually seen each other until an e-mail the next day.

* Miss Gibson met CK's parents this weekend, and that apparently went well.

* Black still loves his new job in Alabama. And, in the past few weeks, he's been to New Orleans, San Francisco and New York. And his new cell phone's reception is weird.

* Jenipher, having recently married and changed her name to reflect her Latina status, tried watching "North Shore" this week. But it upset her, for it was apparently nowhere near as good as "The O.C." last year. Oh yeah, and Jenipher forced Gabe to get her a puppy dog last week. It's white. It looks like a giant ball of fuzz. They've named the fuzzball Archie, and, when I talk to Jenipher about him, I mock her for cooing. Jenipher, as a result, loves her "pwecious, wittle puppywuppy ... awwwww, he's SO-O-O SWEET ... He covers me in wittle, puppy kisses because he LO-O-OVES me ... " and tells me I'm evil for mocking her degree of puppy cult-worship. I'm not evil. I owned a dog once. I found, through owning a dog, that I shouldn't own a dog. And now I don't own a dog.

* Marley reports that she's settling in to life in L.A. well. Her job is going well, and I know she likes the weather there.

* Ron's headed to Boston this weekend to grab his husband and prep for their move down.

* My friend Larry, while on vacation, sent me an e-mail this morning. It said, "In Roma -- more traffic and marble than I have ever seen -- back the middle of next week."

So that's cool.

No comments: