Tuesday, June 01, 2004

Alles klar?

One of my greatest fears is that I'm going to get into a major auto accident while I'm singing along with my car stereo. Like, you know, during a really complicated moment in the choreography, I accidentally swerve into the next lane at 55 miles per hour.

Oh please, like I'm the only one who does it.

This fear came back to me tonight when, in my apartment parking lot, I was singing and dancing to "Der Kommisar." (The version by After the Fire. Not Falco. Who the hell do you think I am?)

I thought that, if a neighbor had happened past my car, they might've thought I was having a seizure or something and called 911.

I'm usually quite proud of my car solos. I mean, if I see someone in another car looking at me, I just keep mouthing the words and wait for the light to change. Then, as I'm pulling away, I wave at the onlookers. I figure that means I'm permitting their joke.

That's right. I wave.

You think you're laughing at me? Oh yeah, well, I'm in on it, asshole. And I'm laughing back. And, hell yeah, I'm dancin'!

What else are you going to do in traffic?

No comments: