Thursday, May 06, 2004

Things intended to make Lupo feel better.



Lupo told me that he was sad I hadn't updated the blog today, so I'm writing this.

Lupo told me that yesterday's posts ended on a positive note that suggested I understood my own weaknesses and was willing to take action to fix the things that I thought were "wrong" in my life. He called that brave.

Because I don't want Lupo to be sad, I'm updating the blog, even though I'm still stuck in my dumb cubicle and still facing financial troubles that are slowly making themselves better. There's not really much new to report.

I was thinking of following Vic to Jekyll Island this weekend, but I have a meeting on Sunday night. It seems like an awful lot of driving for what would essentially be an overnight stay, but it beats doing nothing to celebrate after my last official shift at the Mall of Georgia bookstore on Saturday. (That I'm leaving there now makes me feel like I'm living through my own May sweeps series finale, if that makes any sense.)

Lupo suffered from sinus trouble for a couple weeks earlier this month. Whenever he wrote me and told me that he was sick, I would offer to call him up and "coo the Gizmo song" from GREMLINS to him until he felt better.

When I first suggested it, he told me, "Thanks, but I've already vomited once today."

He doesn't know how well I coo, obviously. I coo well.

The "Friends" finale is tonight. I, at one point, felt that saying goodbye would be poignant. Now, NBC's overpromoted the damn thing so much that I just wish they'd all go the hell away.

No comments: